The 10 Commandments of Health
1. Thou shalt remember you are bought with a price.
1 Cor. 6:20 For you are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
2. Thou shalt honor thy father and thy mother – so that thy days
shall be long on the earth. Ex. 20:12
3. Thou shalt have a merry heart, for it does good like a medicine [cure]. Prov. 17:22
4. Thou shalt not use food as your comforter
John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
5. Thou shalt eat all things in moderation
1 Cor. 9:25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.
6. Thou shalt study about healthy lifestyles
2 Tim. 2:15 Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
7. Thou shalt entertain the presence of God daily
Romans 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.
8. Thou shalt meditate on God’s Word day and night
Prov. 4:20 My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.
21 Do not let them depart from your eyes; Keep them in the midst of your heart;
22 For they are life to those who find them, And health to all their flesh.
9. Thou shalt eat foods created by God not man
Psalms 104:14 He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; Gen. 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
10. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, soul and mind
Matt. 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.